Monday, December 9, 2013

It's a Date!

In case you didn't know, it doesn't snow in Pasadena. In fact, it doesn't get below mid fifties. Which is great any other time, except when its Christmas time. Whether or not we admit it, everyone likes a little snow around Christmas time. It helps makes the season a little more magical. 

So while we were in California, we really missed the familiar holiday feelings of OH and PA. 

December 9th, 2012 I had a special date planned for Tyler and I. We were going to go to a nice restaurant, and then come home to our apartment which would be decorated like a winter wonderland. I even made paper snowflakes to hang around the living room. 

However, our date didn't go as planned. 

I woke up that morning and my back was hurting. My muscles would tighten up for about five seconds,  and then they would relax. About ten minutes later, it would happen again. I had no idea what was causing this to happen, but I figured it was a result of our twenty mile bike ride the day before. 

It wasn't unbearable, so I went about my day pretty normally and got ready for our date. 

But by that evening, the pain was getting worse. Tyler and I decided it would be best if we stayed home and he willingly went and got Chipotle instead which is almost just as good as a the gourmet restaurant we planned on going to. 

While Tyler was out, I transformed our apartment into this:


We ate chipotle in our "snow covered" house, played a board game, danced to some music, played COD (yes, I enjoy playing Call of Duty with my husband), and enjoyed the cool air from our back porch.

Yes, that is fake snow.


It was a perfect night, minus the back pain that seemed to be getting increasingly worse. 

December 9th will always be a memorable day for us. 
Since I wasn't able to take Tyler on our planned date, we are going today. 

Today, and every December 9th, I am going to take Tyler on the date I never got to take him on. 
Tonight we are going out to dinner and then we are going for a nice wintery walk around the Toledo Zoo.

Just the two of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment