Monday, December 2, 2013

A Year of Firsts

First cry. 
Every doctor and parent knows how important it is to hear your baby cry when they are born. 
Landon's cry was crucial considering we (or the doctors) didn't know what to expect when he was born.


Meeting Mama for the first time.
If we are being honest, the actual birthing process is a blur. I remember thinking, "what in the world is going on?" 
But when they handed him to be for the first time, I immediately fell in love with him.


Papa was the first to change his diaper! 
I feel so lucky to have a husband who is so hands on and willing to change diapers at any time. 
One of the most hilarious texts I have ever gotten from Tyler was, "I could write a book about what just happened while I was changing Landon's diaper."
Landon was pretty little at the time and while he was changing an already nasty diaper, Landon pooped again while he didn't have a diaper on. Once Tyler cleaned that up, Landon peed on him, and once he was finally diapered and picked up, Landon spit up everywhere. 
Yikes....
And may I add, I have never been peed or pooped on. And rarely spit up on. 


Going home from the hospital to a house that had very minimal baby things. 
A few outfits, diapers, blankets, and a pack and play. 
Really, thats all we needed.


Our first Sabbath as a family. 
For those of you who know Tyler and I, we take sabbath very seriously. 
Every Friday from sun down until Saturday's sun down, we rest. 
No work, no working on sermons...just rest with each other and our community. 
So this was important for our new family of three


Landon's first smile was at our Christmas tree.
Call it gas, I call it a genuine, peaceful smile. 


First nap with Mama.
I wish he would cuddle up like this and sleep with me now!


Our first night at home. 
I know what you are thinking...he shouldn't have all those blankets around him. 
It was either that or he would have been cold.
Since we lived in Cali, Tyler and I didn't need a heater, but when Landon was born, we knew it would be too cold for him without one. So before we got a heater, this is how he stayed warm. 
His first night, he slept a straight 6 hours. I was scared to get up in the morning because I was sure something had happened to him. 
This is also before we learned the MAGIC of swaddling. 
P.S. SWADDLE YOUR BABIES, PEOPLE! They will sleep!
Watch "Happiest Baby On The Block." It changed our lives. 
Seriously. Do It.
End swaddling rant. 


Landon before we left the house for the first time. This was the only jacket he had at the time. 
Haha poor baby :) At least he looks cute and he was warm.


Our first Christmas Eve services. 
It was about 70 degrees that day so we got to walk to church. It was beautiful and one of my best memories.
Landon slept the whole time.


Landon's first Christmas Eve Night.
He is waving!


Landon's first Christmas. 
He hated it...
We are hoping it goes better this year!


First time going to the beach as a family!

Landon's first hike. 
He slept through most of it. 
But I felt like a champ hiking five miles through the mountains while carrying him in his wrap.
He went on more hikes the first 6 months of his life than some people get to do in their lifetime.


Landon's first mirror experience. He was so surprised to see himself!
He still likes looking in mirrors. 
He probably thinks he is pretty cute, too.


First vaccines.
I debating and researched whether or not I wanted to vaccinate him. 
But after talking to a few Doctor friends, we went for it and it has gone smoothy.


First time going swimming! 
He has always loved water (especially the bath tub).


His first pair of shoes. 
I think he only wore these twice because obviously, he doesn't like having shoes on!


His first boo boo.
I'm not even sure what happened...


His first Easter
Obviously he wasn't really impressed with this holiday either. 


Sitting up for the first time at 6 months!


His first bike ride. 
He was too little to care about his helmet, but now that he is older, he hates wearing it. 


His first time sitting in a high chair!


First time standing on his own! 


Flying on an air plane for the first time.
I was so nervous for this trip, but he did great! 
Minus the last hour when Tyler had to walk him up and down the aisle .


Swimming by himself in his own little pool.
It doesn't compare to the beach, but still fun!


First crawling race with Papa!


One of the first times he had baby food.
He is a much cleaner eater now.


First time swinging.


First pumpkin carving! 
He actually enjoyed playing in the pumpkin guts.


His first halloween.
He was The Lorax this year!



Landon's first cookie dough beater.
He loved it.

Christmas decorating!
Papa had to give Landon a talk about not destroying the Christmas Tree.
I'm happy to say he hasn't bothered it at all!

I want to soak up every precious moment of his life.
I'm sure I will continue to document all of Landon's first. 
     First step, first time out (I'm sure he will have them), first day of school, first game, first concert.
I can't wait to see the person he develops into. He is only (almost) a year old and he is already incredible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment