Friday, May 10, 2013

Yes, I have tattoo

Two years ago, I got a tattoo.

Yes, you read that right...
   Vanessa Kleeberger has a tattoo.

And yes, I can answer all those questions people ask you when, or before you get a tattoo.

Do you know it will be there forever?
     Yes, that is why I debated it for over a year before I actually went through with it.

Won't it look funny when you get old?
    Maybe. But when I'm old, my tattoo will probably be the least of my worries.

What if you regret it?
     I think people regret their tattoos only when they do it impulsively and without really thinking it through. This is the reason I waited so long to do it.

Honestly, I'm fascinated by tattoos. Of course there will always be those ones that you can tell were not thought out properly, but for the most part, I think they can be beautiful and people are too quick to negatively judge.

I believe tattoos tell a story and there is always going to be some kind of meaning or symbol behind it.


This is my tattoo:
   

It says, "love" in hebrew and the best part is, it is written in Tyler's handwriting. 

This tattoo isn't really for show and the reason I placed it here was so it couldn't be seen by anyone unless I intentionally show it. 

So you are probably wondering...
     What was the point?

For me, this tattoo was the start of freedom from something I have always struggled with.

     People Pleasing

Did I need to get a tattoo for this to be possible, not necessarily, but doing this was one of the most liberating experiences of my life. 

This tattoo was something I knew I wanted, but I feared what people would think and how people would judge me. Sometimes, people who have tattoos are placed into a negative stereotype and I was afraid of that. 

Being a people pleaser is a consuming, vicious, destructive cycle that is completely exhausting and for me, this tattoo was a way for me to get out of that cycle. 

I am still working through this, hence the reason I never broadcasted this tattoo on Facebook. 

But...I'm learning that I can't control what others think and it is okay to do things for me without the fear of other people's reaction.





   








1 comment:

  1. I am finally taking some time to cruise through your posts, and I am loving your blog. I like that you are breaking away from people pleasing. I am also guilty of trying to make everybody happy all the time and it just isn't possible! Someone is always mad about something and I am finally learning that thats ok! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete