Monday, May 13, 2013

Happily Moving Forward

When Landon was born, I started writing him letters.



I started with his birth story, went on about how I felt about being a new mom unexpectedly, now I'm writing a letter every month, and I will continue to write one every year after his first birthday. Whenever I think he is ready, I'm going to give him these letters.

Today, I sat down to write and I can't believe he is already five months old. He has changed and developed so much and every day I seem to fall a little more in love with him. 

This is Landon a few days after was born: 
I loved how he would just fall asleep in my arms and let me hold him as long as I wanted (all the time).



This is Landon now:
He doesn't like being held as much, and its rare if he falls asleep in my arms.

I know I said I wanted him to stay tiny, but I was wrong.

Watching him grow and learn new things every day has been one of the best experiences of my life.  I am often reminded how blessed we are to have such a healthy little boy. Sure, I miss him being tiny, but there are so many great things ahead!

I'm truly enjoying this stage of his life.  I love when he sleepily wakes up from his naps and I love that he gets excited when I walk into the room. I love watching Tyler play with him and listening to Landon laugh. I love how he wrinkles his little forehead when he is confused or trying to figure something out. I love how he "talks"...a lot. 

I especially love that he loves us back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment