Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Love Letters

If you were at our wedding, you may remember hearing in my vows that Tyler and I have always written letters to each other. We have an entire binder full of letters written to and from each other and I often go back and read them so I am reminded of where we have come from.

I love all of my letters from Tyler and I truly cherish them. The binder is one of those precious things I would grab first if our house was on fire. However, I do have one (or ten), that are my favorites.

The first letter Tyler ever wrote me was fifteen pages long. We had only known each other for about six months and he came up with fifteen pages worth of stuff to write about! This is one of my favorite things about Tyler...he pays attention to every detail and appreciates the small things.

If you don't know Tyler, he is a planner and likes to have everything perfectly in order so it works out the best way possible. So, from the moment he began thinking about proposing to me, he kept a journal. He wrote down every thought from what it was like talking to my dad, to the entire process of picking out the perfect ring, to the nerve wracking thoughts he had the night before he proposed.  Every tiny detail is in this journal. These letters are some of my favorites.

Part of our vows to each other was to continue writing to each other...and we have.

We write for birthdays, anniversaries, or just because.

What I have learned through writing letters to Tyler, is that our relationship is always changing. You would think after a few hundred letters that they would all start to sound similar, but they never do. Each one is very different because our marriage is constantly changing, developing, and flourishing into something more beautiful.

I love that after being together for almost six years (married for two), we still write love letters to each other. I will always be able to look back and see just how full of love and beautiful our marriage is.

My marriage to Tyler is my most treasured and cherished thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment