Thursday, June 13, 2013

California, It's Been Real...

When we moved to California a year ago, we had no intentions of moving back only one year later. I don't love everything about California, but I do love a lot of things about it.

    I love the beaches and the mountains. We can literally go to the beach in the morning, and go for a hike to see the sunset in the mountains in the exact same day.

    Pasadena is such an awesome city with so many things to offer.

    The culture is diverse.

    Not to mention, the weather is literally always perfect here (besides August and September when it is extremely hot).

    This will always be the place where our family of three started. For that, I will always love California.

    Overall, it is just a great place to live and I feel lucky to have lived in such a beautiful state.

This is the view from our front porch.


Our favorite spot. Point Dume


These can be easily found at the beach. 



This is only 10 minutes from where we live.


So we are leaving this beautiful place for...this?


We are moving back to a place where it could be cold and snowy for at least four months out of the year. There are no mountains, no beaches, and no bike lanes...

But, ya know? I couldn't be more excited.

As soon as Landon was born, I told Tyler I wanted to move back home so he could grow up with our nephew, Mason. Not to mention we have always loved Mason as if he were our own child and I can't wait to watch him grow. 

When we left Ohio last year, we may have said, "We will never move to Ohio." And here we are...leaving in a week for the very place we claimed we would never move back to. I have learned that having a baby really does change everything. Moving to a place that has people who will truly invest in Landon is one of the most important things to us.

So, we may not be able to go to the beach whenever we want, but we can be with our family and community whenever we want. And to me...that trumps the beautiful state of California any day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment