Saturday, June 1, 2013

Laundry, Laundry, Laundry...

Today, I was folding Landon's laundry and a few thoughts went through my head:

     How and why does my (almost) six month old have more laundry than Tyler and I?
     He will be learning to fold laundry ASAP.
     I always wondered what it would be like to fold my child's laundry.
     What happened to his newborn clothes?
     Laundry is my least favorite house hold chore.

This isn't even half of it...


Then, I found myself getting emotional over Landon's dinosaur pajamas. After thinking, "What is wrong with you? They are just pajamas," I began thinking about how far our little family has come in the past six months.

After having Landon, we were sort of thrown into this brand new way of life. We really didn't know what we were doing, but here we are six months later and we are making it!

     Landon is growing and I can already tell he is smart. He is beautiful, healthy, sweet, and I'm truly enjoying every second with him (even when he wakes up at 5am). I feel like the love we have for him is reciprocated back to us, from him.

     When we pay the bills each month, sometimes I honestly have no idea how we have the money to do so. However, somehow...they always get paid.

     After Landon was born, I had no idea how we were going to provide for him. We were not in a financial position to have a baby, but somehow, he has more than he needs. Sometimes, when I open his drawer to get him something to wear, I find a new outfit for him.

So, as I folded his little, dinosaur pants, I felt overwhelmingly blessed to be folding his laundry. I truly believe he is the greatest thing that has happened to Tyler and I. I could honestly just look at him for hours. Every thing he does is just so cute and I am constantly reminded of how lucky we are that he is ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment