Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Best Day Of Life

Last night, we celebrated Landon's third birthday!

We decided to take him to Splash Universe and for at least a month, we have been hyping up this day!
I made the mistake of showing him the commercial they use to advertise the water park and we literally watched it everyday on YouTube.

We also made a countdown for him where he removed one number a day!

So when he woke up that morning, we gave him a special surprise to tell him that today was FINALLY the day we have been counting down for!


Brand new swimming trunks!
The perfect surprise for a water park birthday party!

Then, we had to make cupcakes.
Whats a birthday party without cupcakes?!

I was planning on being really ambitious by making a cake and icing a Curious George face on it, but I thought that was just asking for a disaster, so we settled for cupcakes in a cone.

And despite wanting to get them done quickly, I let Landon help and he did a great job. And when I say, "great job" I mean he was a really good taste tester.







I think they turned out pretty well - if I do say so myself!

After nap time, it was time to go!
He was so excited that he could barely sit still in his carseat and he rambled about anything and everything all the way there! (Something about how Santa has dogs in cages and helps them when they get hurt? No, we did not tell him that.)

After some pizza, it was finally time to get to the water park.
Before I took Landon out of his car seat he said, "I'm not going to get in the water, Mama. I think I'm just going to watch my friends." But as soon as we stepped inside, he didn't think twice.


I don't know that I've ever seen Landon so excited in his whole three years of life.

He was running around, screaming, jumping up and down, clapping, rolling on the ground. I wish I could re-live that moment everyday.


If you know Landon, you know he is a little timid.
He isn't a risk taker and usually steers away from anything that could be potentially dangerous.
However, fear did not stop him yesterday.

He conquered a small slide, all by himself!


And this bigger slide with his Papa which he probably went down fifty more times by the end of the night.


Toren even had a great time and had I known he would have loved it so much, I would have been more prepared, but he didn't seem to mind that he didn't get brand new swimming trunks and had to swim in his diaper.



Toren and Kase basically ruled the baby pool.



There is nothing greater than seeing your child bursting with happiness and excitement and thats exactly what we got to experience with Landon.
I'm not one to get emotional, but his joy brought tears to my eyes.

I loved hearing him squeal and giggle every time he went down the slide and at one point he said to me, "I'm having fun with you, Mama. This is the best day of life!"




Of course, along with swimming, there was opening presents, cupcake eating, and singing. 




He even got a gift from Pasadena, CA! 


I still can't believe he is three. 





Last night was so much fun and the total exhaustion was well worth it!
I was really hoping Toren would sleep all night, but if you've been following our no sleep saga, it won't be surprising to you that he didn't...

The celebration has run over into today! Today is a "yes!" day. Basically, we say "yes" to everything. So far he has had a donut for breakfast, apple jacks and puppy chow for lunch, and before he fell asleep for his nap, he asked me if he could have Goldfish when he woke up. We will probably regret this later, but! You only turn three once!




No comments:

Post a Comment