Tuesday, December 8, 2015

An Almost Three Year Old

In just three days, Landon is going to be three.

THREE, PEOPLE!

I can't believe it.
Or maybe I can believe it, but I just don't want to.

I haven't been emotional with any of his birthdays, but three just seems so different.
And so old. And mature. And like he is going to be moving out next week.

I'm sure I'm just being a dramatic mama, but it just seems different this year.

When he turned one and then two, he was still like a baby.
He was still in diapers, he could talk, but only enough for it to be cute. He still needed me for most things and so I still considered him to be a baby.

Now, he is going to be three.
He is potty trained. He talks...all the time (literally) and although it is still cute, along with talking comes negotiating, and its just plain ridiculous sometimes. He still needs me, but his needs are different and I know they will just continue to change.

In the fall, he will be starting preschool and even though its just preschool, I feel like he is going off to college.

Landon is so special and there is just something different about him.
His birth makes him unique, but that doesn't define him.
He just has an intuition unlike any other child I know and I can't quite explain it.
If you spend just a small amount of time with him, I think you would understand.

I wish I could just bottle his sweetness up.


Just three days old.
We sent this picture to so many people as "Thank You" cards when he was born. 
The outpouring of support we received was overwhelming. 
I am still so thankful for you all.



When he turned a year old!
His little cheeks are red...probably from being outside.
We went to the zoo that afternoon and it was freezing, but he loved it.



His Second Birthday
This is my favorite picture of Landon.
His little face just demonstrates his gentleness. 



A few weeks shy of being THREE.



Oh, darling don't you ever grow up - just stay this little...




1 comment:

  1. This made ME tear up! Happy Birthday Land! We love you!

    ReplyDelete