Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I'm Back!

I haven't written (publicly) since I announced that we were expecting another baby.
That feels like an eternity ago.
Maybe thats because so much has happened since then - the biggest thing being welcoming a sweet, baby boy into the world.

Just to update you a little bit on what has been happening the past 10 months:

Landon is a little over 2.5. Can you believe that? I can't.


I can't believe he is going to be THREE in December. We are going to have a three year old and it blows my mind how fast the past three years have gone.
He is the sweetest, funniest, gentlest, loving, most polite (and most talkative) little guy I know.
He is also stubborn, demanding, and throws tantrums for absolutely no reason at all!
He is completely wonderful and growing up so fast


He has handled the past 10 months with such ease.
When we found out there was a tear in my placenta, I was ordered to not lift anything over 10lbs. This included my toddler who just so happens to be a mama's boy and would typically want to be carried around, everywhere, by me.
After explaining to him that mama wasn't going to be able to carry him until his (at the time little sister) was born, he seemed to mature in record time. Everyday he would say, "No no, Mama, you can't pick me up. Your belly hurts." He always made sure I had everything I needed, and everything I didn't, including plastic food and matchbox cars. He even started helping around the house by taking his dishes to the sink and helping put the dishes away after they were washed.


Then! His little brother was born.


I was honestly expecting it to be a disaster. Landon is such a Mama's boy, I was sure he would immediately dismiss another baby in the house.
I was completely wrong.
He has embraced his little brother with such love. He is constantly asking, "Where is Toren? Can I hold him? I like him. I'm a big brother!"
It melts my heart watching Landon love his brother.





Tyler is still the pastor at Metamora United Methodist Church. The church is doing awesome and growing every week. There are so many struggles that come with being married to a pastor and I have such respect for other pastor's wives - but with the struggles comes a great sense of pride. I am so proud of Tyler and what he is doing for this church and for the community of Evergreen.

The past few months have not been easy. He took on so much responsibility when I wasn't able to do the things I normally take care of. He turned into a pastor, football coach, stay at home dad, housekeeper, and chef. I couldn't have made it without him.

He is also a football coach for the Evergreen Vikings. He loves it and he is good at it.
Landon loves it too - Tyler takes him to practice all the time and he even gets to go on the field at the end of games.


I can't think of too many dad's who would be able to entertain/watch their two year old at practice, all while devoting time and energy to his players. He is pretty amazing.

And the biggest thing to happen in our lives has been this little guy:

Toren Asher Kleeberger

I'm sure most of you have heard by now - Toren was supposed to be a girl, but he came out and surprised us by being a boy! (Toren's birth story will be coming soon!)

We are completely in love with him and he is wonderful.

And me?
I've been trying to adjust to having two babies instead of one. I'm not going to lie - it has been a bit of an emotional struggle. Call it hormones or whatever you want, but it hasn't been bliss (more about this later, too).

I'm hoping to use this blog more consistently as an outlet for real, relatable, honest thoughts. I think far too often people only share the really happy and positive things that make their lives seem perfect (which I will still be sharing plenty of). I want this to be a space that demonstrates what my real life of being married to a pastor/football coach and a mama of two little boys, actually looks like.

Feel free to hold me accountable ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment