Friday, November 15, 2013

Wedding Weekend!

Lets be honest.

We don't always like going to weddings.
     Some are boring.
     They take too long.
     The food isn't good.
     Maybe you just don't feel like going.

If I'm being honest, I have attended a few weddings that I couldn't have cared less about.
I know...shame on me.

But!
This weekend, we get to attend a wedding and my thoughts couldn't be further away from not wanting to attend.

I have the honor to experience two people coming together.
They will die to themselves in order to become one with each other.

I met Kyle five years ago.
I've seen him go through a lot of things that a person shouldn't have to go through.
I've seen him make choices that probably were not the best, or the smartest, or the safest (jumping off the roof into the pool, cutting down an entire tree by himself and then dragging it to the back yard, and attacking my husband (boyfriend at the time) over cookie dough).
I've also seen him love his son, Mason completely and unconditionally. The father/son bond those two have is incredible and something only a handful of fathers will ever get to experience.
I love him as if he were my real brother. I don't say he is my brother in law, I just say he is my brother.

I met Brooke only eight months ago.
She beautiful, kind, and probably one of the most genuine people I have ever met.
She loves Kyle and in my opinion, she is perfect for him.
Mason is a lucky little boy to have this woman in his life and so is Landon. I want positive, confident, respectful women influencing him and Brooke embodies all of those qualities and so much more.
I'm overjoyed to be gaining another sister and I'm even happier that its her.

Brooke and Kyle met while Tyler and I were still living in California. Their dating life was very short. So short that when Kyle called and said he was going to propose, it took about an hour of him convincing us that it wasn't a joke.
Most people who know Kyle and Brooke would probably say they moved too quickly, and at first, I would have probably agreed with them.
But after spending time with them, I can't imagine them doing this any differently.
The love they have for each other is evident and something to be admired.

This marriage is the type of marriage I want Landon and our (maybe) future children to see.
They honor and protect their relationship and treat it like it is their most prized possession.

I can't wait to watch their story unfold for the next 60+ years.

(Tyler Sharpe Photography)


No comments:

Post a Comment